INDIAN SOCIETY FOR VETERINARY IMMUNOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
Vepery, Chennai - 600007
Chennai, the Office of the Association is situated.
1. To create an espirit de corps among the members of Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology professions.
2. To promote the advancement of Veterinary Immunology and Veterinary Biotechnology in all their aspects.
3. To initiate, encourage and support research in Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology.
4. To uphold the dignity and honour of the profession and to safeguard the rights and interests of the professions.
5. To publish journals reports, treatises and bulletins.
6. To function as the National body representing the professions.
7. To help, organize and affiliate branches in different states and territories of the Indian Union.
8. To purchase or otherwise acquire any property or estate capable of being used for any of the purposes of the Society and to solicit gifts, donations, contributions, bequests etc.
9. To co-operate with other professional Associations, Societies, Colleges, etc. both national as well as international.
10. To organize conferences, seminars, symposia and conventions and to perform such other functions and activities conductive to the functions or attainment of the objects of the Society.
11. To institute awards / fellowships / medals and such other items as may be decided by the Executive Committee to honour scientists doing outstanding work in the fields of Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology and to carry out such other objects /objectives as may be decided by the General Body.
1. The Society shall strive together more members to take part in the activities of the Society in accordance with their interests.
2. Executive Committee of the Society shall chalk out the policies and courses of action from time to time for the progress of the society.
1. The Secretary shall be the person who will sue and be sued for and on behalf of the society.
1. The president shall be responsible to give directions for the activities of the Society.
1. QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP, QUALIFICATION RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS IF ANY, THEREOF:
Any Scientist working in the field of Veterinary Immunology / Biotechnology shall be eligible to become member. The decision of the Executive Committee shall be final in matters relating to the acceptance of the application for membership and admission of members. Membership shall be in the form of life member only.
2. THE ENTRANCE AND OTHER FEES OR SUBSCRIPTION, IF ANY, TO BE COLLECTED FROM MEMBERS:
The life membership fee shall be Rs.1520/- (RupeesOne Thousand Five Hundred and Twenty only) with an admission fee of Rs.20/- both non-refundable.
3. (i)THE DATES PRESCRIBED FOR PAYMENT OF THE AMOUNTS SPECIFIED IN SUBCLAUSE (ii) ABOVE AND LEVY OF PENALTIES OR FINES, IF ANY, IMPOSED ON DEFAULTING MEMBERS.
Members can be removed from tie rolls by award majority of Executive Committee for any substantive activity against the objects of the Society. Such members shall have right of appeal to the General Body whose majority decision shall be final.
1. Members have right to vote in General Body meetings.
2. Members are eligible to contest in the Executive Committee.
1. The President shall be the executive head of the Society.
2. His advice shall be taken in all matters pertaining to the administration of the Society
3. He shall preside over all meetings and conduct the meetings in a democratic manner.
1. They will assist the President in all his works. One of them will execute the duties of the President in his absence.
1. He is the official spokesman of the society. He shall maintain and make all correspondences pertaining to the society.
2. He shall carry out the directions of the Executive Council / General Body.
3. He can spend Rs.1000/- at a time. With the approval of the Executive Committee, he can spend Rs.5 000/- at a time. With the approval of the General Body, he can spend any amount subject to availability of funds.
4. He shall submit a report to the Executive Committee at every meeting and an annual report to the General Body.
He will be in charge of the accounts and receipts.
1. The Treasurer shall open a Savings Bank Account in a National Bank at his place and deposit all money received for the Society. Out of the life membership fee of Rs.250/- from each member Rs.200/- shall be put in a fixed deposit in multiples if thousands in a Government of India undertaking for a period of three years with interest paid annually.The interest so 'received shall be credited to the Savings Bank Account.
2. The treasurer shall maintain all the accounts of the Society and subject the same to audit and produce anneal statement for approval of the executive Council and General Body.
3.The Treasurer can have cash imprest amount of Rs.500/- and the same may be recouped as and when necessary.
The Executive Committee shall consist of
1. A President
2. Two Vice-presidents
3. A Secretary
4. Two joint Secretaries
5. A Treasurer
6. An Editor
7. One representative from each affiliated branch.
The President, Vice-president, Secretary, Joint Secretaries and Treasurer shall be elected by a simple majority of the General Body or by election. Secretary shall be official spokesman of the society.
The Executive Committee shall select / nominate the Editor.
The representative of the affiliated branch shall be chosen by the respective branch.
The Office bearers of the Executive committee shall hold office for two years or till new once bearers are elected in the next General Body Meeting. The President shall preside over the meetings of the Executive Council. In his absence, one of the Vice-presidents and in their absence, the Secretary shall preside over the meeting. No individual can hold the office for a ot more than two terms of two years each.
The Secretary shall be held responsible to prepare and submit all reports and returns to the concerned registrars or authorities annually or is and when called for from time to time.
1. The funds collected from members towards entrance fees, subscriptions and donations.
2. The accounting year of all the Association shall be commencing from first April to 31st March. The accounts will be closed for the year ending and new accounts will be commenced for the next accounting financial year.
3. The Executive Committee shall appoint qualified auditor or auditors. The accounts maintained by the Treasurer shall be audited as per Section (16) (1) and rule (21) (2) of the Societies Registration Act.
Every member of the Association can be ensiled to get a copy of the rules and regulations, audited income and expenditure balance sheet etc. on payment of one rupee per copy on written application to the Secretary.
No fine shall be imposed for any breach of the provision of the bye - laws by any member or officer.
1. All moneys of the Society shall be deposited into any naturalized bank, as decided by the Executive Committee and will be opened in the name of the Association.
2. The treasurer can have cash imprest amount of Rs.500/- for meeting of the urgent and unforeseen expenses
The Quantum of payment to be made to the dependent of a deceased or disabled member shall be approved by the governing body, provided that the dependent of the deceased or disabled member produces proper certificate of dependency.
1. The day-to-day business of the Society and the expenditure to be incurred shall be met from the funds collected as fees, subscription and donators.
2. The staff required shall be appointed by the direction of the Society and salary to be paid from the funds of the Society.
3. A staff employed shall be on probation for six months and shall be governed W the hours of employment rules and regulations
1. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
a) Normally the Annual General meetings shall be held in a year within a period of six months after the expiry if the financial year, such meeting shall transact the following business.
b) Adoption of Annual reports, Income and Expenditure Statement presented by the Secretary / Treasurer.
2. GENERAL MEETING:
a) Any amendment, alteration, cancellation of the existing bye laws shall be done only at the General meetings duly convened for the purpose.
b) The notice specifying the day, hour, place and any amendments on object of bye laws shall be intimated along with the copy of the notice. The notice in the general body meeting shall be sent in advance of 21 days clear. The notice shall be sent by Certificate of Posting. A copy of the notice shall be affixed in the notice board of the society.
The quorum for general body meeting shall be 20 percent of the total number of life members on roll.
4. CONDUCT OF EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETINGS AS LAID DOWN IN SECTION 28 AND THE PROCEDURE THEREFORE AND THE NUMBER OF MEMBERS REQUIRED FOR MAKING A REQUISITION IN WRITING CALLING FOR SUCH MEETING
a) The Executive Committee can convene Extraordinary General meeting at any time with prior notice for 21 days for such meeting.
b) The Extraordinary General Body Meeting shall be called when award majority of members of the Society made requisition to convene such meeting, the Executive Committee shall call such meeting, within one month from the date of receipt of that requisition.
c) If the extra ordinary General Body meeting is not called in accordance with such requisition, the requisitionists shall have power to call such meeting themselves.
Special Resolution shall be passed at General Body by not less than 3/4th of the majority of the members present in person, who are entitled to vote for the following purposes of:
1. Change of name of the Society as per section (11) of the Society Registration Act.
2. Amendment by bye-laws, as per Section (12) of the Society Registration Act.
3. Amalgamation and division of society as per Section (30) of the Society Registration Act.
4. Dissolution of the society as per Section (41) of the Society Registration Act.
The Books containing the minute of the society and the books of account of the Society shall be kept at the registered office of the Society during business hours be open to the inspection of any member by free of charge.
Society may by special resolution determine that it shall be dissolved and thereupon the Society shall be dissolved forthwith. If upon the dissolution, there shall remain after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities and property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid or distributed among the members, but shall be given to some other registered Society having the same or similar objects to be determined by the Society. The Society shall stand dissolved as per procedures laid out in Section (41) and (42) of the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 27 of 1975